Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Director, Events Technical Production will provide technical support and asset management for the Publicity, Awards & Events team. They will also liaise with Corporate Communications, International Publicity, Marketing, Programming and other internal departments on events. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years executing events in the entertainment industry. This position will report to the VP of Events.
• Supports technical production of events (in person and/or virtual) in the following areas:
o Premieres, Screenings & Events
o FYC Awards Screenings & Events
o Corporate Initiatives
o Television Critics Association (TCA)
o Festivals and Conventions (SXSW, Tribeca Film Festival, Comic Con, Essence Fest, etc.)
• Provides technical support on all large-scale events related to Originals, including domestic and international premieres, press days, set visits, festivals, trade shows and fan events when appropriate
• Operate live review sessions using ProTools, Avid, Premiere, Cine-sync or other postproduction systems
• Collaborate with the publicity team to implement workflows for all video assets.
• Work closely with publicists to pull show clips for publicity assets and awards submissions.
• Oversee pre and post production for both in-person and virtual events at STARZ, including hosting and editing panel webinars
• Brings to the role relationships and knowledge of various tech companies (i.e., Audio, Video, Lighting, Streaming, Staging, Backline, FX). Has extensive contacts with vendors across the entertainment industry.
• Oversees all design technical aspects at events (Lighting, Staging, Projection, Audio, etc.)
• Maintain the technical aspects of cloud based production technologies which includes remote editorial, remote video village systems, production asset management and production shared storage
• Experience creating graphics and procuring video assets for virtual events
• Work closely with the awards team to edit videos and gather photo assets to meet award submission spec requirements
• Organizes and keeps event documents up to date including status reports, team calendars, production timelines, checklists, run-of-show and executive memos
• Manages vendor expenditures and invoices within budget and accounting procedures
• Responsible for organizing and tracking the audio/visual needs for high-quality, live events with presentations
• Work closely with content security to deliver video assets for the publicity, events and awards teams.
• Manage ordering and shipping equipment (airpods, ring lights, laptops, etc.) for virtual press junkets.
• Maintain and develop strong relationships with post production, localization, events, cinema engineers, public relations, projectionists and content security ensure highest quality control.
• Experience in executing large digital cinema installations for premieres and screenings including digital cinema projection and theatre sound systems such as 4K, 5.1/7.1, Dolby Vision and ATMOS
• Assists publicity coordinators in keeping the Press Media Room website current
Qualifications & Skills
• 5+ years technical production related experience, preferably within the entertainment industry
• Intermediate understanding of the post-production software (ProTools, Avid Media Composer, Premiere) as well as experience in Adobe Creative Suite, FileMaker Pro, Airtable, Asana, Google Suite, etc.
• Strong technical understanding of the hardware needed to view/hear content in a high- quality, post-production setting. Critical attention to detail for technical setup and asset quality assurance.
• Extensive knowledge of various formats including DCP, ProRes, Blu-Rays, 35MM, as well as Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and other finishing specifications.
• Prior experience in asset management and rights/access management
• Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in negotiations
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate well with others and take direction while also being able to work well independently
• Ability to work under pressure on high profile projects with talent and able to troubleshoot on site
• Travel is required for this role
• Bachelor's degree in Audio Engineering, Video Production or similar field
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8zxk-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.