Summary of Position
The Director of Apple Platforms will join the Starz Technology leadership team and report directly to the VP of Client Engineering. This position will lead a highly functional and dynamic team of developers responsible for building consumer product applications on Apple mobile and tv platforms. The successful candidate will have extensive experience leading high quality software development organizations and partnering with internal and external stakeholders. The Director will lead, inspire, and drive the team to produce world-class software to deliver Starz content, services, and products. Qualified candidates will possess a strong technical background, a track record of delivering high quality software, and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with internal teams and external partners.
• Overall responsibility for creation and delivery of full software stack for all of Starz internet facing systems and products.
• Lead Client development teams in development, launch, and ongoing management of digital products and services.
• Works with Product & Marketing in planning, strategy, and execution of efforts in the creation of customer experiences.
• Partners with Programming, Engineering, Sys Ops, and Marketing organizations to ensure effective scoping, timing, and quality commitments while following the SDLC process.
• Hands on leadership working within multiple technology stacks including Swift and Objective C client development, video streaming and analytics platforms.
• Handles all development needs, from tactical to strategic projects.
• Creates and maintains front end architecture, 3rd party software and quality road maps for each product and related technology stack.
• Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; relevant Master's degree preferred, but not required.
• Five years minimum leading a software organization at Manager level or higher and in a customer facing products/services environment.
• At least ten years' experience in managing complex projects and working in an application development environment.
• Understanding of video delivery/streaming technologies, digital rights management technologies and analytics platforms.
• A proven track record in managing development within a variety of technology stacks and delivering customer facing software applications
• Experience leading and motivating teams of software developers and software development managers
• Good working knowledge of development strategies, project management and business and technical consultancy.
• Ability to adapt, learn and continue to expand in Cable and IP product and system knowledge.
• Previous success in management of peer groups to achieve team objectives
• Ability to balance conflicting resource demands and internal pressures with focus towards our business priorities
• Proven track record for strong problem resolution techniques, ability to find solutions.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written, for internal and external customers a must
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
$142,400 - $229,900
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4z6by-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.