Senior Software Developer in Test
Summary of Position
Creating and executing highly creative, sophisticated design solutions for all of Starz channels, digital, online and originals content, the Motion Designer is the workhorse of the department. Responsible for the design and production of projects from initial client contact through design, approvals, revisions and final production on a wide range of marketing, advertising and promotional materials.
• Knows guidelines of the brand well, helps to maintain visual consistency
• Must have ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
• With minimal training be able to excel on own
• Executes design across a number of disciplines including but not limited to broadcast, digital and social assets
• The Motion Designer is a visual problem solver, combining excellent design aesthetic with a high degree of technical skill
• Attention to detail is a must
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred, Educational discipline in graphic design/art school desired and / or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years in TV, Network, Agency or Post Production / FX facility preferred
• Excellent visual design layout, typography, color theory and broadcast standards knowledge a must. Be able to concept & create high end design sometimes under tight dead lines
• Proficient compositing fx skills…(green screen work, keying, tracking, rotoscoping)
• Very good interpersonal, communication and excellent collaboration skills
• Very skilled working knowledge of design systems and software required for Broadcast Design (Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Cinema 4D (Arnold / Houdini), Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, Maya
• Knowledge and/or experience w color grading packages (Color Finesse, DaVinci Resolve)
• C4D, Maya, Nuke, 3ds Max, and Autodesk Flame a plus but not mandatory
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$73,100 - $92,500
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmnpe-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.