Summary of Position
The Delivery Manager is responsible for building and refining the delivery team's backlog, writing user stories, maintaining release timelines and collaborating with cross functional partners in the planning, prioritization and implementation development initiatives. Contributes to the ongoing delivery of technology initiatives, high-impact business goals and process improvements.
• Creates and maintains the backlog of product priorities and ongoing initiatives that support business and technology goals by translating epics and features into user stories with well defined requirements, dependencies and acceptance criteria.
• Organizes and sequences delivery of the team backlog according to business values, priorities and ROI.
• Conveys the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint and release.
• Inspects and adapts the product backlog each sprint and adjusts course based on product and customer/business needs.
• Manages user stories and epics that can be delivered with confidence while accomplishing business goals.
• Ensures that the products or features to be released meet product requirements and quality standards.
• Participates in requirements gathering and definition, based on product knowledge, UI/UX collaboration and end user interaction.
• Communicates status to the broader organization by acting as a reliable voice of the team to stakeholders that are vested in the team's product delivery.
• Helps to facilitate daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Refinement meetings, Sprint Reviews, Demos and Retrospectives.
• Advocates, supports and contributes to ongoing improvement of Agile/SCRUM practices and processes.
• Actively collaborates with team members and across STARZ for the achievement of business goals.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
• 5+ years experience managing software delivery to projects/teams with both a business and a technology focus.
• 5+ years experience leading product delivery and release cycles.
• 5+ years experience with Agile software development environments, specifically as part of a Scrum team.
• Experience organizing work within Jira and related Atlassian tools.
• Ability to manage product delivery for more than one SCRUM team at a time.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to address time sensitive demands on a continuous basis.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish a deep understanding of the product, project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
• Media and Entertainment experience preferred.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$95,400 - $149,300
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wk83-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.