Summary of Position
Starz is seeking a Data Scientist to support data-driven decision-making for the StarzPlay international business. He or she will have responsibility for analysis of consumer, content, and product data, including the development of ''data products'' such as predictive models and segmentations. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with both large (e.g., event-level data warehouse tables) and small (e.g., marketing, research) data sets. He or she will have experience with a variety of data wrangling tools, modeling paradigms, optimization algorithms, and simulation methodologies. The Data Scientist understands how to use data science to support practical and actionable business insights.
• Lead efforts to develop advanced predictive models to reduce marketing costs, increase subscription lifetime value, understand content value, and optimize content investment decisions
• Assess new data sources and data import processes for efficiency and accuracy
• Evaluate accuracy and precision of predictive models and optimization algorithms provided by other analysts or third-parties
• Support A/B testing and experimental design paradigms for optimizing marketing effectiveness, content engagement, and product experience
• Develop processes for monitoring model performance and data accuracy
• Establish departmental standards for data quality and KPI monitoring (including developing Tableau reports)
Qualifications & Skills
• Exceptional knowledge of machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., clustering, random forest, neural nets, boosting)
• Familiarity with star schema databases, SQL, and Tableau
• Solid foundation in statistics including regression, logistic regression, and statistical significance
• Proficient in Python
• Experience working with commonly-used third-party data such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Qualtrics, etc.
• Previous experience with media/entertainment and/or subscription businesses preferred but not required
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience
• Advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94074-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.