Financial Analyst, Studio Finance
The Financial Analyst position will support a wide range of finance activities including financial analysis, accounting, planning, capital budgeting and financial reporting for Worldwide Facilities, Global Security, Safety & Sustainability (S3) and Administrative Services groups. This position is primarily responsible for assisting and supporting the day-to-day FP&A/business support functions along with Ad-hoc requests. The Financial Analyst will also serve as a liaison between Corporate FP&A and the following groups: - Operational teams - Capgemini team members - Hub resources
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
BUSINESS SUPPORT (60%)
• Serve as primary finance support contact for Studio Finance group businesses. Address finance related issues, questions and provide finance guidance on current and planned operating activities.
• Create executive presentations to facilitate communication of business plans, project updates, financial performance reviews, etc. with SPE senior management and Sony headquarters.
• Actively identify, analyze, and propose opportunities for improvement in business processes and controls.
• Ad-hoc projects as needed in support of finance and operations management.
FINANCIAL REPORTING (20%)
• Collaborate with Accounting team to ensure accurate and timely submissions to Corporate. Will analyze monthly and year-to-date financial results, identifying variances to budget / forecast.
• Author monthly/quarterly management reports on business unit performance.
• Communicate and interact regularly with operating management and staff to review on-going business performance.
ANNUAL BUDGETING AND LONG-RANGE PLAN MODELING (20%)
• Support the Annual Budget, Quarterly Forecast and Mid-Range Plan processes for Studio Finance group businesses.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
• Excellent attention to detail required.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to forge strong relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Resourceful self-starter with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates financial accounting competency.
• Experience developing and navigating complex financial models.
• Exhibit emotional intelligence and ability to work effectively throughout organizational hierarchies.
• Proven ability to perform well, both individually and as a team.
• Working knowledge of GAAP standards and compliance matters.
• Desire to learn.
• Minimum of 1 years of practical work experience in Finance or related analytical field; Entertainment industry experience preferred; Big 4/Consulting experience a plus.
• B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics or Economics preferred.
• Hands-on budgeting and forecasting experience.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word a must; knowledge of SAP, SQL, VBA, and Visio a plus.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqoobz-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.