Associate Director, Global Finance
New York, NY
The Vice President of Finance – GDB & US Sales, is responsible for managing a team of 11 employees across a wide range of finance and operational functions for Sony Music's Global Digital Business division.
• Financial oversight of Sony Music's Podcasting Joint Ventures, initiatives, and Partnerships with Third Parties and SME Business Units.
• Oversee day-to-day management of the Partner Forecasting, Podcasting & VR, GDB P&L management, and Financial Reporting groups within the GDB division. The ideal candidate will arm the teams with the right tools so they are working to their highest potential relatively independently.
• Partner with senior management to understand strategic initiatives and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual digital revenue performance goals.
• Work with SME Business Units worldwide to understand and agree on company-wide digital revenue goals and performance.
• Partner with management, legal, and business development teams on digital deal structuring by providing guidance from a Finance and Operations perspective.
• Have a thorough understanding of digital customer arrangements, and changes that will impact financial reporting.
• Design and implement processes that continue to improve our review over the quality of data received from third parties.
• Liaise with Global Tax Office to assess impact of tax changes on digital services and work with Business & Legal Affairs (''BLA'') as well as with DSPs on operational changes required as a result of findings.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to understand data requests needed for various audit, litigation, or management analyses. Work with the relevant internal teams (eg. IS&T, Royalties) to pull and prepare the data necessary.
• Partner with and direct the digital group within Sony Music's Shared Service Center to provide analysis of account activity, gather necessary data for the Global Digital Business, and complete the month-end close as well as projects that arise from new deal initiatives.
• Ensure all SOX-compliant activities that are part of the Financial Reporting function are completed timely.
• Oversee Digital Service Provider (''DSP'') Audits of major partners, work with external auditors, and legal to facilitate audit to completion.
• Equity Investment & Warrants Accounting, including impairment testing
• Process Improvement and other Ad-Hoc projects.
• Minimum 10+ years of business experience in an FP&A or Accounting role
• Entertainment / music industry experience a plus, with an interest in music being ideal
• Experience in a digitally focused finance role a plus
• Bachelor's Degree, CPA required
• MBA a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Track record of analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to shift priorities quickly in a rapidly evolving Recorded Music market
• Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse and BPC business software preferred
• Ideal candidate is innovative, resourceful and should have strong people management and motivation skills
• Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks
• Comfortable in communicating across a global business and amongst all management levels up to (and including) C-level