The Senior Financial Analyst will manage financial analysis and reporting. This position plays a key role in supporting Sony Music Entertainment's financial performance through involvement in analysis of financial results and identifying business opportunities and deficiencies. The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will report directly to the SVP, Financial Planning & Analysis.
What you'll do:
• Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly PWC Reports, Flash Book, Highlights, White Book, SAMIS forecast and Industry Updates as a way to support shared learning across team
• Assist in oversight & review of general metadata/functional developments with SAMIS & IP teams
• Monthly project P&L consolidation and dashboard update
• Prepare, update, and distribute top seller reports for priority projects
• Support in the standardizing and streamlining internal SME market share reporting
• Collect, review and submit various global monthly submissions
• Assist in collection, consolidation & review of monthly forecast and budget submissions in support of global forecasting efforts
• Assist in ad-hoc review and analysis in support of various strategic initiatives and budgeting analyses
Who you are:
• Minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant operational/finance experience
• Bachelor degree; Master degree preferred; Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
• Ability to pull together information from a wide variety of sources quickly; including ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, and create and present materials
• Tech savvy including hands-on experience with financial and statistical software
• Strong analytical skills with advanced working knowledge of Excel, including modeling, macros and advanced functions
• Experience with SAP BW, BPC or similar financial consolidation reporting system
• Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
• Experience collaborating with international colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Strong work ethic, pro-active, team player, deliverable focused and detail-oriented
• Highly organized, with the ability to handle simultaneous projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Solid presentation skills
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj7v4-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.