As a Specialist at SyncShop, you'll work at the intersection of music and stories. We place the world's most iconic music into every type of visual media imaginable. In this role, you will represent Sony Music's recordings to the TV/Film community and be a high volume deal maker. If you are passionate about everything that is happening in the TV & Film industry, and if your knowledge of music and the music business is what gets you out of bed in the morning, we need you and your demonstrated music licensing abilities to help us put thousands of songs on screens all over the world.
What you'll do:
• Process a very high volume of TV/Film music clearances from beginning to end by communicating and negotiating deal terms between clients, artists, and labels as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Manage and update deal terms, track correspondence, and deliver music files for every deal you handle using Sony's organization and delivery systems
• Pitch Sony's music to your assigned clients (music supervisors, clearance executives, networks, and studios), both pro-actively and by responding to specific searches you receive or are assigned
• Contribute ideas and data to meetings with artists, managers, clients, marketers, and colleagues concisely and enthusiastically
• Host and assist with live and digital performances and presentations as directed (shows, showcases, etc.)
Who you are:
• You have 3+ years of relevant music licensing experience already – most likely at a record label, music publisher, streaming company, TV network, film studio, production music library, or music supervision / clearance company.
• You possess a thorough knowledge of music licensing terminology and best practices
• You like to negotiate. You follow through on projects all the way to completion. You are results-oriented.
• You are a clear and effective communicator.
• You are a highly organized person that pays close attention to the details.
• You are hungry to learn and grow. You are curious, ask questions, and get excited about new projects.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ypq1-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.