Senior Finance Analyst
New York, NY
The Global Digital Business, Podcast Team is looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to support the team in various finance and accounting related functions relating to Sony Music's Podcast Business. Sony Music's Podcast Team supports the creative vision of our various ventures and creative partners. The team operates in a high-paced environment with many opportunities for learning on the job.
As a member of the Finance and Accounting team, the Senior Finance Analyst should be attentive to detail, organized, feel comfortable asking questions and learning in a fast-paced environment. They should be a self-starter and self-manage while also knowing when to escalate. They must also feel comfortable communicating with many people on the Podcast Team, our podcasting partners, senior management and other SME business units.
The ideal candidate will provide support in the day-to-day activities as well as participate in over-arching financial analyses supporting decision-making of upper management. The candidate should be comfortable working in Excel and finding ways of automating data & processes. They should be skilled in presenting information in a creative manner and comfortable with PowerPoint. The role will be demanding, as there will be multiple projects in various stages of the creative process which finance must track and report on. We will look to the candidate to ensure that all aspects of the finance process are completed timely & efficiently including but not limited to – day-to-day activities such as vendor payment processing, monthly journal entry/accounting tasks and reporting, and ad hoc analyses & projects.
What you'll do:
• Keep track of payment commitments and initiate payment requests with SME's Accounts Payable group as payments come due. This task will include reviewing contracts as well as ensuring that appropriate financial coding is used when processing payments.
• Obtain necessary documentation and initiate the Vendor Set up process with SME's Accounts Payable group
• Initiate invoices to customers and work with SME's Accounts Receivable department to track status of payments
• Initiate and create purchase orders in SME's marketing system as needed
• Assist with weekly and monthly reporting requirements such as preparing financial reports and journal entries
• Participate in monthly production update calls with our podcast business units and provide concise financial updates for each
• Additional ad hoc special projects and analyses
Who you are:
• 1-2 years of experience in Finance/Operations
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• Strong Communication Skills, polite, courteous, and a good listener
• Strong Organizational skills with ability to juggle many tasks
• Problem-Solving skills with ability to find solutions using critical thinking
• Microsoft Office especially Excel & PowerPoint
• Self-starter but asks questions when guidance is needed
• Team player, enthusiastic and eager to learn
• Exposure or understanding of SAP, BPC & Alteryx preferred
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess