At Sony Music, we are passionate about helping our artists succeed in an industry that sees constant change and innovation. The Strategy & Investments team is on the front lines, ensuring that Sony Music is developing impactful forward-looking strategies, participating successfully in new market opportunities, and partnering with the most exciting music companies and technology startups. We strive to be ahead of the curve and shape how fans connect with artists and content they love.
The Senior Director, Strategy & Initiatives position will work directly with executives in Corporate and the Global Digital Business to develop and effectively communicate the company's strategy, and to set the overall strategic direction of the company with respect to its priorities and deal-making. The role will predominantly focus on analyzing industry trends, identifying growth opportunities, leading strategic projects, and communicating initiatives to key executive stakeholders.
What you'll do:
• Play a role in evaluating Sony Music's strategic direction by conducting rigorous industry research and analysis, closely monitoring ongoing developments in the music landscape, and presenting relevant analyses and insights with actionable recommendations to senior management on a regular basis.
• Contribute to the company's strategic initiatives by managing special projects including, working cross-functionally across stakeholders, collecting relevant analysis from internal Sony Music teams, developing strategic recommendations and action plans with clear rationale and impacts, and creating materials to effectively communicate project background, hypothesis and relevant data to executives and associated teams.
• Support deal process on potential M&A and investment transactions, including working cross functionally across SME to conduct due diligence, assist with equity negotiations, collaborate on valuation modeling, and create presentation materials for senior management approval.
• Develop and create compelling presentations, both independently and as part of a team, for the company's senior management to internal and external stakeholders, including as part of Sony Music's cyclical strategic planning process and for board meetings, conferences, business review sessions, and other key meetings, as well as generally prepare executives with research and data for these meetings.
• Engage with SME's global affiliates and other Sony corporate business units, when appropriate, to advise and to provide input on digital trends and on company initiatives and investments.
Who you are:
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to capture and synthesize the most relevant information and to present complex data and insights clearly and creatively to specific audiences.
• Exceptional research capabilities and analytical modeling skills.
• Exceptional project management skills with deep attention to detail and collaborative instincts to involve specific people in the organization when needed.
• Well-developed understanding of how to analyze a company's financials and to value a company for acquisition.
• Mastery of PowerPoint and Excel
• Passionate about music
• Deeply interested in the future of the music industry as it intersects with consumer behavior and technology trends.
• Ability to provide accurate and timely results under tight schedules and while managing multiple priorities.
• Adept at working with people at various levels/functions and managing relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
• 4-year undergraduate degree required, and MBA strongly preferred.
• 8-12 years of experience in a top-tier management consulting firm or corporate development position within a digital media company.
• Experience in media and/or music is strongly preferred.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$170,000 - $195,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g483w7-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.