As a Royalty Analyst, you will contribute to the day-to-day operations within Royalties and will be involved in all aspects of artist royalties across affiliates, including delivering accurate and timely royalty statements, clearing suspense and accruals, responding to internal and external inquiries, contract interpretation, coding and special projects.
What you'll do:
• Prepare accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and semi-annual royalty statements to comply with contractual obligations and to ensure that all costs, artist advances and royalty calculations are valid.
• Prepare and research variance reporting to understand the fluctuations with balances and payments.
• Prepare New Release Project Rate Sheets and Statement review notes for Priority 1 artist.
• Analyze new release product/tracks to ensure they are calculating correct royalties and document the findings.
• Clear suspense accrual and pending calculations on IRL contracts.
• Reconcile various third party liability account balances on the artist ledger, including samples, overrides and other 3rd parties.
• Review royalty terms of artist and third party agreements.
• Analyze accounts and prepare formal response for Business Affairs, Law and A&R Administration as well as prepare correspondence with respect to inquiries by artists and their representatives.
• Special Projects as needed.
Who you are:
• You have a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance with (1-3) years of related work experience.
• You have a strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; SAP, EROS, and JIRA experience a plus.
• A detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Able to analyze and review information from several different sources (corporate systems).
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess