We are looking for a product designer that can help us build valuable tools for artists & labels, and for our internal users. You would be part of the product design team (both US and EU based) and would be working on strategic products and initiatives. You would collaborate closely with product managers, various internal stakeholders, and engineering.
This is a full-time role in our New York office (near Madison Square Park). Sony Music has an in person work policy where we are expected to work from the office 3 days a week, or you can choose to come every day.
What you'll do:
• Support one of our key Product areas by owning the design and UX of all features and apps in this area.
• Work within a complex system of content and permissions, dealing with a huge amount of data.
• Contribute to the roadmap – collaborate with the rest of the product team to discover, define and prioritize product work.
• Constantly work at creating value for our users by suggesting elegant and simple design solutions that solve their problems and seize new opportunities.
• Coordinate with the rest of the product design team/PMs in other teams to create a consistent experience language, and seamless connections between apps.
• Collaborate with other product designers on their projects to give feedback, collaborate, lead or mentor.
Who you are:
• Interest and excitement about problem solving and complex systems.
• An aptitude for systems thinking and information architecture.
• Experience in planning and running discovery – identify what input is needed and how best to get that input.
• Interaction design skills (both on desktop and mobile)
• Experience in running collaborative workshops to communicate users' needs and collaborate with both business and engineering to reach the best solution.
• An aptitude for simplifying complexity and transforming data into valuable information.
• Eagerness to learn, a track record for being self-driven, and experience managing multiple projects at the same time.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$113,000 - $131,000 USD
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj15q0-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.