Sr. Director, Marketing
Culver City, CA
As a Publicity Lead you will actively conceive and execute full publicity campaigns for a variety of pop/rock acts in all media formats (print, digital, TV).
What you'll do:
• Create, implement and manage strategic national publicity campaigns for an evolving roster of pop/rock based artists, including television appearances, print opportunities, digital/web /content opportunities, podcasts, social media takeovers, etc.
• Devise publicity campaigns designed to relay the artist's narrative and grow an audience.
• Manage and cultivate relationships with key decision makers/tastemakers across all media.
• Manage multiple projects and relationships with external Marketing and PR companies as well as internal colleagues (marketing, digital A&R)
• Cover television performances/photo shoots/events/ award shows and effectively prepare talent and media for interviews and appearances.
• Attend / cover shows, events, company functions as needed, etc.
• Write, edit and maintain press materials such as bios, press releases, quote sheets, clips
• Be an active member of the publicity department which involves weekly meetings, brainstorming sessions, covering for colleagues when needed and helping to mentor junior team members.
Who you are:
• 5+ years of prior publicity/media relations and/or digital music industry experience required.
• Must have strong media contacts and relationships across all music, lifestyle and fashion media.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the media industry and its power players.
• Steeped in pop culture, plus awareness of current events.
• Ability to generate and execute creative and innovative ideas to generate buzzworthy coverage.
• Outgoing personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
• Awareness of press campaigns of acts similar to their roster.
• Possess a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks and priorities while delivering timely results.
• Proficient in Google Drive, Outlook, Excel, Box, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Word, TV Eyes, MuckRack.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55xk0-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.