The Manager, Marketing will serve as a member of Columbia's marketing department. This role requires comprehensive communication and coordination both internally and externally in order to keep projects moving forward while maintaining the overall message and brand. This is a unique opportunity to influence how music reaches listeners around the world.
What you'll do:
• Manage music releases, maintain campaign timelines, and oversee release logistics.
• Initiate well-thought-out plans for music releases
• Set up and maintain timelines of project needs and key dates/deadlines with all departments and oversee the timely delivery of those needs in partnership with various departments, including publicity, radio, and synch.
• Create weekly marketing reports and communicate updates to brief teams on all release information and ensure results are communicated efficiently.
• Participate in creative planning to create big marketing ideas and ensure a continuous flow of content surrounding each artist.
• Work closely with artists and management, in partnership with Columbia Marketing leadership, for campaign updates and communicate goals and plans for each release.
• Partner with artists, managers, and all departments to create, maintain, and evolve artist brands.
• Work with A&R and creative teams to gather all necessary assets to meet delivery deadlines.
• Collaborate closely with digital and commerce teams to formulate and implement digital plans, social media rollouts, and DSP campaigns.
• Manage the creation and distribution of marketing tools.
Who you are:
• You're a passionate music fan with at least 3 years of progressive marketing experience in the music industry, preferably with strong ties to hip hop, R&B, and latin music
• Self-starter who adapts quickly to change and can work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management
• Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to apply ideas strategically while working to a set budget and timeline.
• Proficient with major social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Triller, Reddit and Snapchat.
• Understanding of the DSP landscape and associated strategy and new tech platforms such as Twitch and Discord.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is preferred
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34vjx-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.