As a member of the Marketing Department, this individual will plan, develop and implement innovative and effective marketing campaigns. They will work closely with departmental colleagues in digital marketing and creative, as well as across all Masterworks personnel, to increase consumption, audience development and engagement around Sony Music Masterworks artists and catalogue.
What you'll do:
• Collaborate marketing team on marketing ideas to create unique artist focused campaigns
• Work with head of marketing to create advertising campaigns and book advertising across all media platforms – online, print and television
• Monitor the latest trends in social media advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance
• Write advertising copy, gather creative assets and retail tag information from sales department
• Interpret and report on analytics for online advertising campaigns
• Monitor release schedule and anticipate project needs well in advance of deadlines
• Compose and compile information from all departments for marketing plans
• Build and manage artists marketing budgets
• Research and write copy for all new release sheets
• Manage independent radio promotion, help identify formats and schedule mailings
• Spearhead all Masterworks campaigns with Sony Music College Marketing Department including artist presentations for campaign consideration, set meetings with college reps and supply all information and music. Create tools necessary for college marketing campaigns
• Attend and contribute to all relevant internal company meetings and provide colleagues with timely feedback and follow-up.
Who you are:
• You have a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in music marketing. Previous label experience preferred.
• Creative and collaborative self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multitask, focus and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Thorough understanding of current digital music distribution partners and all social media platforms
• Curious, adaptable and accepting of abrupt change and unforeseen challenges
• Previous experience working with artists and artist management preferred
• Exceptional communication and time management skills. Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
• Must be able to create and maintain strong relationships across Masterworks and the larger Sony Music company
• Must be a music person – an interest and appreciation of music history across a variety of genres is essential
• Be prepared to discuss previous projects and share examples of marketing work
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess