Retail Graphic Designer
New York, NY
Sony Music is looking for a Lead Interactive Designer for a wide range of global hit musical artists across multiple genres! You'll be creating social posts, websites, splash pages, interactive experiences, and other awesome promo materials. You will be working in a very fast-paced, daily deadline-driven environment in a growing creative team within a label. You'll be collaborating with motion designers and art directors to ensure all creative stays consistent and elevated. You will also be helping the Creative Director build a bigger and stronger content team with leading and educating junior interactive and production designers.
Please include your portfolio links to be considered!
What you'll do:
• Oversee the design, creation, maintenance and administration of artist and label web properties
• Be able to work efficiently within a structured project management system
• Ensure that the proposed creative concepts can be produced within specified time frames and budgets
• Manage outsourcing of work for projects that cannot be completed internally
• Evaluate 3rd party solutions to help make our day to day easier
• Lead and educate junior designers on new trends, processes, and technologies
Who you are:
• BFA in Design with strong knowledge in UI/UX.
• At least 4-6 years' experience working in digital design within an agency or entertainment setting, music industry a huge plus!
• At least 2 years of leadership experience
• Keen pixel perfect design eye
• Master in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign with strong fluency in XD and/or Sketch (or similar programs)
• Experience working with development teams and a strong knowledge in UX for seamless communication
• Understanding of social media platforms and their creative specs
• Interest in web trends and upcoming new technologies to apply to workflow
• Ability to chat with a wide range of personalities
• Interest in art direction
• A love for music and pop culture, primarily in the hip hop/rnb space
• A positive attitude and a great team player
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess