Director, Ad Sales Finance
New York, NY
This is an exciting opportunity to begin working in the music industry as a Technology professional with a passion for Finance. The program will begin in August/September 2021. In addition to developing your technical skills, this program provides essential background and experience in various technology and business functions of a Music company. You will gain deep knowledge about and contribute to a wide range of areas including business analysis, project management, application life cycle support and business process re-engineering and technology leadership with the goal of preparing the Trainee to become a Technology leader at Sony Music over time. Trainees, while in each project, will be under the tutelage of one of our Technology professionals, gaining hands-on exposure to the business side of the music industry and will be strongly considered for full-time placement once the program concludes.
This is a 2-year program, with exposure to a wide range of operations and supporting systems within the Finance & Accounting office.
Your work location will be dependent on the project but will most likely be based in NYC or Rutherford, NJ.
This program is open to Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 2020 and Winter/Spring 2021 college grads who studied in a Financial field such as Finance, Accounting or similar studies
The deadline to apply to this position is Friday July 9th @ 5p EST.
What you'll do:
• Work with SAP technology teams to define requirements and provide applications testing and documentation support
• Work closely with senior business analysts to define business problems and help conceptualize technology solutions
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on-shore and off-shore to fulfil IS&T service demands
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
• Conduct research on software and systems products
• Gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems thru utilization metrics and business process analysis
• Assist in documentation processes spanning user requirements, functional specifications, user manuals and operations, security, & business continuity compliance
Who you are:
• This program is open to Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 2020 and Winter/Spring 2021 college grads who studied in a Financial field such as Finance, Accounting or similar studies
• You have a very strong interest in Programming or Information Technology
• You understand SAP
• You are passionate about solving business problems
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills
• You are hungry to learn and grow. You are curious, ask questions and get excited about new projects
• You can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• You are passionate about the music and entertainment business and have a desire to build a career in the industry
• You have advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.) and experience using PowerPoint
• You are a pro-active go-getter who can flourish in a fast-paced environment
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2b2e-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.