The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Finance Department in providing senior management with the analysis needed to make key operational, financial, and strategic decisions for Sony Music's US Latin operation. This is an ideal position for someone passionate about analytical thinking and the media & entertainment field who wants to gain a broad understanding of the business. In this role, you will work at the intersection of music, insights, and finance, influencing and contributing to business planning throughout the organization while ensuring a robust control environment.
What you'll do:
• Gather, consolidate and review data in preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly forecast submissions, variance analysis, and annual company budget submission.
• Evaluate key financial aspects of projects undertaken by the organization.
• Develop reports using data visualization tools to give insights to stakeholders in strategic decision-making.
• Review market data provided to the recording industry body and research to understand the landscape and unleash potential competitive advantages.
• Collaborate with team members in order to create comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses to assist with financial due diligence with investment returns and sensitivities assessment.
• Assist and support the corporate internal approval processes.
Who you are:
• BA/BS degree in a related field.
• Minimum 2 years of business experience in financial analysis or in accounting with working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting.
• Advanced financial modeling skills and high proficiency in MS Excel.
• Knowledge in SAP, BPC and Tableau preferred.
• Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth and development
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)