Somethin' Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin' Else is Sony's in-house podcast team with offices in New York, LA and London. We are looking for an Editor of Narrative Non-Fiction podcasts to join the team and help us grow our network of shows.
What you'll do:
• Identify and develop stories, series and creative treatments for consideration for the green light process.
• Act as story editor across a number of shows/series, providing feedback on scripts and sound design.
• Help staff to work up new show/series ideas to a status ready to take to greenlight meeting.
• Liaise with key talent, journalists, production partners and agents.
Who you are:
• Someone with 5+ years' experience editing and/or producing narrative non-fiction stories. (At least some of that in audio production)
• A storyteller with experience editing across a series, helping show teams to tell the best story possible.
• A leader who enjoys working with a team of diverse creatives, helping them to grow, develop and be their best selves
• A person who loves taking the seed of an idea, then developing and polishing it and teasing out the best bits to make it captivating.
• An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners.
• Strong ability to articulate and write for creative concepts and to autonomously own projects from start to finish.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqp4w-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.