The Director, Commercial Contracts, Marketing and Trademarks, Business &Legal Affairs, is a position within the transactional legal team, providing legal support on a global basis in connection with a broad range of commercial contracts, including vendor agreements and non-disclosure agreements, as well as marketing and promotions matters and trademark advice. This position reports to the Senior VP, Corporate Deputy General Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs.
What you'll do:
Commercial Agreements Responsibilities
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of standard and custom legal agreements and supporting legal documents, in close collaboration with teammates and business colleagues, including non-disclosure agreements, as well as agreements with vendors, contractors, and consultants, across a wide range of subject matter, including technology, real estate and intellectual property.
• Support transactional team on an as-needed basis, including in connection with transaction-related due diligence.
Marketing and Promotions Responsibilities
• Advise internal clients on marketing campaigns with contesting/sweepstakes elements, including:
• Draft rules for contests and sweepstakes for internal clients.
• Review, negotiate and draft promotion-related agreements
• Review and revise official rules for contests and sweepstakes with external partners to ensure compliance, including bonding and registration as necessary.
• Keep current with terms and conditions, and promotion guidelines for current and emerging social medial sites (FB, Twitter, etc.), user-generated content sites and influencer campaigns.
• Presenting to internal clients on current topics relevant to contests and sweepstakes, including social media platforms' promotions guidelines and FTC guidelines.
• Supervise management of SME's global trademark portfolio, including all filings, office actions and enforcement decisions; review watch notices and advise on, and execute, appropriate action.
• Supervise trademark searches and clearances, and analyze and advise on results for internal clients, including providing written risk assessments of trademark usage; advise on, and oversee, filing of new trademark registrations.
• Advise on trademark conflicts and litigation
• Conduct internal trainings and presentations on the basics of trademark law and the process of trademark search and clearances.
• Sending out C&D and other claim letters related to infringements
Who you are:
• Law degree and at least 5 years of practice experience, preferably including law firm experience
• Strong negotiation, communication, analytical skills and work ethic.
• Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, emotional intelligence, good judgment, and intellectual curiosity.
• Demonstrated ability to build trusted advisor relationships with internal clients, together with commitment to provide the highest quality internal client support.
• Technical acumen and experience with advertising/marketing matters and trademarks preferred.
• Member of New York Bar in good standing
• Ability to manage a diverse portfolio
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekn82-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.