This is Sony Music's Black, Hispanic/Latinx and Indigenous Data Strategy and Analytics Rotation Training Program. This program is open to all, but was created with a view of providing opportunity for people who have historically been underrepresented in the data strategy and analytics professions. The deadline to apply is Friday December 3rd 2021 @ 5pm EST.
This is an exciting opportunity to begin working in the music industry as a data professional. The rotation program will begin in August 2022. In addition to developing your analytical and technical skills, this program provides essential background and experience in various analytics and business functions of a music company. You will gain deep knowledge about and contribute to a wide range of areas including record label and album/track release analytics, macro trend analytics, data science, and business analytics with the goal of preparing the trainee to become an analytics leader at Sony Music over time. This is a 2-year rotation program, with rotations through 4 departments lasting six months each. Three of the four rotations will be based in NYC.
One of the final two rotations will be based in Sony Music's London office for 6 months.
What you'll do:
• Work alongside analytics team members to provide support to various teams including record labels, which will ultimately help drive the success of our artists and their music
• Be directly responsible for transforming data and trends into custom insights and strategic recommendations by using internal data systems, analytics tools of Sony Music's digital partners, and 3rd party data sources
• Perform deep dive analyses from large sets of data and multiple sources to develop business cases and benchmark analysis, monitor the performance of complex projects or educate teams about the latest trends across the music industry, competitors, digital streaming partners, and consumer behavior
• Contribute to the development and execution of impactful reports, dashboards, other tools to be used by numerous departments
• Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy
• Learn software and languages such as Alteryx, Tableau, and SQL to push our data and insights to their maximum potential
• Build relationships across multiple teams to pave the way for the future of your analytics career in music
Who you are:
• This program is open to Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 2021 and Winter/Spring 2022 college grads (from an undergraduate or graduate program) who studied in an analytics field such as analytics, finance, economics, computer science, business, statistics, math, or similar studies
• You are hungry to learn and grow. You are curious, ask questions and get excited about new projects
• You have an analytical mindset - able to build a story and draw conclusions from data
• You are passionate about the music and entertainment business and have a desire to build a career in the industry
• You have advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.) and experience using PowerPoint
• You are a pro-active go-getter who can flourish in a fast-paced environment
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67v8j-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.