Part Time Job
College Marketing Representative
- Part Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
As a College Marketing Representative, you will gain valuable marketing experience while learning about the music business and getting your foot in the door of one of the world's leading entertainment companies. Sony Music U plays an essential role in the development and roll out of Sony Music's emerging and established artists. Our College Marketing Representatives organize listening events, create social media content, interact closely with campus groups and liaise with record stores and lifestyle shops to help our artists reach fans.
This is a remote, part-time role that requires a commitment of approximately 20 hours per week.
What You'll Do
• Generate excitement through online/social media campaigns for Sony artists, partners and other company initiatives
• Maintain timely communication with our New York-based management team and participate in departmental bi-weekly conference calls
• Execute grassroots marketing campaigns, including partnering with student groups and organizations for on-campus activations
• Build and grow new relationships throughout your market with influencers, music related groups, local lifestyle shops, campus organizations, etc.
• Provide feedback and ideas on artists and/or projects on a regular basis
• Create and design assets and content for social media
• Attend shows and label-related events on behalf of Sony Music and provide detailed reports
Who You Are
• You must be currently enrolled as a full-time Undergraduate college student with (2) or more years left before graduation
• You are knowledgeable, passionate and have an interest discovering new music across all genres
• You live within 30 minutes of the city you are applying for (this is a remote position)
• An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members
What We Give You
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• An investment in your learning & professional development