As a Co-Head of Urban Music, Arista Records you will evaluate and recommend new talent, oversee the recording process for assigned artists and serve as a liaison between assigned artists and the label.
What you'll do:
• Evaluate talent and match with potential audience tastes with a primary focus on urban/pop music.
• Oversee the recording, production, mastering, sequencing of artist projects.
• Attend live showcases/concerts at venues.
• Providing comprehensive feedback on new music to President, Arista Records.
• Review and recommend submitted/solicited demos as well as online material via artist/band websites and social networking sites.
• Search for new songs for existing talent on the label.
• Act as label liaison with the artist once they are signed to the label.
• Provide creative input and direction on artist's material.
• Find suitable producers, writers/co-writers, sound engineers and recording studios.
• Coordinate pre-production and production, mixing, mastering.
• Plan and monitor recording budgets for assigned projects.
• Keep projects within agreed budget and schedule/timeline.
• Evaluate recording and mixing progress for label's artists.
• Maintain files/records on all shows attended.
• Work closely with other label departments/employees including marketing, publicity, promotion and sales to try to ensure recorded material is commercially successful.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry insiders (managers, agents, attorneys, concert promoters, radio promo reps, retail contacts, trade and consumer press, tastemakers, etc.)
• Who you are:
• 10+ years of music industry experience, with at least 5 years of A&R experience with a demonstrated track record of finding new and emerging artists that align with Arista's musical offerings/musical direction.
• Prior experience with the different steps in the recording, production, mastering, sequencing and release of a record is required.
• Must have strong knowledge of various genres of music and the ability to separate/identify the commercially viable from the pack.
• Musical/performance background a strong plus.
• Computer skills: Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet.
• A proactive, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication and time management skills.
• Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
• Must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships with artists, managers, attorneys, etc.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8ykk-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.