Somethin' Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin' Else is Sony's in-house podcast team with offices in New York, LA and London. We are looking for an Associate Producer to join our Narrative Non-Fiction podcast team.
What you'll do:
• Assisting with the production of factual narrative episodes and series.
• Researching, booking, and assistance with recording contributors.
• Archival research, media tracking, and keeping the project assets organized and on track.
• Facilitating and correcting transcriptions, assisting with assemblies, and other tasks as needed from the lead producer on the podcast.
• Production of advertisements, with some assistance from the lead producer and host, as well as some bonus material for release on the feed and/or to subscribers.
• Working with Producers and Executive Producers to develop your own show ideas.
Who you are:
• Someone who is passionate about podcasts and storytelling, with a wide range of listening habits.
• Experience and growing skills in audio production.
• A person who enjoys working as part of a team to make ideas the best they possibly can be.
• Ideally someone with some experience and growing skills in audio production, even if just making your own show.
• A passion for understanding of what makes a compelling podcast.
• A person who loves coming up with creative ideas
• An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners.
• Someone who is enjoys going down rabbit holes to research topics and learning about new topics.
• Strong organizational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
• The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $60k to $70k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6eno0-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.