The Associate Director, M&A and Strategic Investments, Business & Legal Affairs position is within the transactional legal team that reports to the Senior Director, Business and Legal Affairs. This position will provide legal support on a global basis primarily in connection with mergers & acquisitions and strategic investments in private and public companies, as well as general corporate legal matters.
What you'll do:
M&A and Strategic Investments Responsibilities
• Prepare initial drafts of, and negotiate a wide range of transactional legal agreements, in close collaboration with teammates and business colleagues, including non-disclosure agreements, due diligence request lists, term sheets, bid letters, equity purchase agreements and related investment agreements
• Provide project management support, including maintenance of deal trackers and checklists; coordinating with internal business stakeholders
• Prepare due diligence and post-closing contract summaries
General Corporate Responsibilities
• Prepare initial drafts of basic contract amendments, extensions, and terminations.
• Manage contract database platform for BLA department
• Oversee operational aspects of transactions, including the signature process and maintenance of electronic files of final, signed documentation
• Provide well-reasoned and practical advice and support on transaction-related legal matters to other members of the legal team, business teams and senior management.
• Provide additional support as may be requested from time to time based on the needs of the business
Who you are:
• Law degree and at least 3 years of practice experience, including law firm experience.
• Strong negotiation, communication, analytical skills and work ethic.
• Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, emotional intelligence, good judgment, and intellectual curiosity.
• Demonstrated ability to build trusted advisor relationships with internal clients, together with commitment to provide the highest quality internal client support.
• Technical acumen and experience with M&A and/or strategic investments and general corporate matters.
• Member of New York Bar in good standing
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5w9j1-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.