As Associate Director, Label Analytics, you will play a key role within the commercial team at Epic Records in utilizing data to influence strategic decision making across all aspects of the business. Your role will be involved with creating and executing the next generation of reports, dashboards, and analytical approaches to assess the performance of our artists, albums and track releases, evaluate sales and marketing campaigns, uncover actionable insights on playlists and charts, and understand artist audiences. The role will perform deep dive research to answer business critical questions posed by senior leaders to understand the latest trends across the music industry, competitors, digital streaming partners, and consumers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the data and analytics journey at a major recording company.
What you'll do:
• Utilize internal and external business intelligence and data analytics tools to create new reports, dashboards, analysis and methods for evaluating new releases, understanding artist audiences and uncovering actionable streaming insights
• Own the maintenance and enhancements of automated recurring reports, processes, and dashboards that provide streaming, playlist, sales and charts information in support of the label
• Assess the performance of sales and marketing campaigns by investigating streaming trends and detailed consumer reaction data to help inform decisions
• Perform deep dive research to understand the latest trends across the music industry, competitors, digital streaming partners, and consumer behavior and share those insights in regular updates to the business
• Fulfill ad hoc data requests to answer business critical questions on tracks, albums, artists, playlists, charts, sales and marketing campaigns, to name a few.
• Become data expert on the many sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy, working with technology teams to resolve technical data issues and recommend enhancements
Who you are:
• 5+ years of experience working with data
• Advanced knowledge of all primary MS Office software and advanced Excel skills
• Experience with SQL and other programming languages and business intelligence tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
• Able to draw conclusions from data and propose effective solutions
• Passionate about the music and entertainment business and have a desire to build a career in the industry
• Excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykyw0-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.