AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Dayglow, Little Simz, Young the Giant, THEY., mxmtoon, Lizzy McAlpine, Jungle, Tom Misch and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we're continuing to grow. That's where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
As a Creative Synch executive on the AWAL team, you will be responsible for proactively and creatively pitching AWAL's roster for synch opportunities across all visual media. Sitting within the team's Creative Marketing department, you will have the ability to leverage your experience and relationships in the film/tv/brand/video game worlds to ideate and execute on creative marketing initiatives for AWAL artists in these areas. You will also serve as the point person on the AWAL synch team to work with international music supervisors and partners and AWAL's international teams (ex UK/Europe) to help manage AWAL's international synch business.
What you'll do:
• Develop, manage and maintain relationships with music supervisors in the film, television, advertising, and video game spaces in the US + international territories outside of UK/Europe
• Pitch and land synch opportunities for the AWAL catalog with a special focus on creating opportunities for priority singles/albums aligned with release timelines & marketing plans
• Work alongside the strategic marketing team and creative team to pitch AWAL artists for brand partnership and creative marketing opportunities, particularly where aligned with synch placements or Film/Tv/Advertising/Video Game partnerships
• Work closely with AWAL artists to create original songs and score for visual projects
• Work with artists and internal teams to set up synch & brand promo when our artists are traveling through market
• Maintain strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders including artists, artist managers, marketing directors, A&R, etc
• Work closely with the AWAL marketing teams and artists team to leverage and maximize all synch placements and creative partnerships in the US and internationally
Who you are:
• 3-5 years experience within a synch department, preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company
• Must have an established network of music supervisor relationships and a proven track record of successfully securing synch and/or brand partnership opportunities
• International synch experience preferred
• Must have a passion for music
• Social and proactive, willing and able to attend shows multiple times a week, regularly entertain clients and travel
• Excellent project management skills
• Highly organized and detailed oriented with a strong ability to multitask
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Very strong artist & client relations skills, leading with empathy and a collaborative spirit
• Must be a team player
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google suite
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqpk7m-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.