As the College Marketing Department, Associate Director you are responsible for the workflow of the SMU College Marketing department. Workflow tasks include day-to-day oversight of the College Marketing Representatives, Artist & Label Marketing Support, and oversight of SMU operations.
More than anything, the Associate Director will be a project management guru. This role will provide structure and organization for the SMU team as well as lead internal initiatives to execution. The Associate Director College Marketing will work with all Sony Music's record labels on creating and executing marketing initiatives that directly speaks to the 18-25 year old demographic. With a keen eye for the digital landscape this role will help lead this team to ensure we are at the forefront of trends and innovations.
With the support of the Manager & Coordinator College Marketing, this role will ensure seamless communication with the college marketing team to achieve growth for our students as well as excellence in our output. This role will also work directly with outside entities and partners to collaboratively build opportunities to enhance the Sony Music U program.
What you'll do:
• Lead project management initiative across SMU to create efficiencies and execution in artist marketing, internal strategy, rep management etc
• Work closely with Sony Music's label partners to build and implement marketing plans that drive both awareness and consumption
• Manage the day to day activities of 60+ Sony Music U College Marketing Reps to optimize their success and involvement in the SMU program
• Cultivate tech-forward partnerships that effectively address the college demographic
• Develop and execute initiatives to assist in the overall growth and awareness of the SMU program
• Attend weekly marketing meetings and assist with the creative process on all marketing initiatives
• Work with Sr. Director, College Marketing to build overall strategy for the department
Who you are:
• At least 4-6 years of marketing/sales experience
• Four-year degree or equivalent experience
• Entrepreneurial in nature with a keen eye for creating efficiencies in business processes
• Extremely organized with and committed to delivering consistently stellar results
• Broad knowledge of the music scene including urban related blogs
• Excellent project management and structural skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks at any given time
• Strong leadership skills a plus
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro39b4-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.