As Associate Director, Artist Development, you will represent a roster of AWAL's key developing Artists to drive engagement, growth and revenue and while adding marketing expertise and strategy in building out end to end campaigns. Your focus will be on North America based projects and alongside Campaign planning and Strategy, you will also be responsible for all administrative and operational tasks associated with your Artist Development portfolio. We expect our Artist Development Team to build productive relationships with Artist teams and work in close collaboration with them alongside associated internal teams.
AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include JVKE, Jungle, Dayglow, Little Simz, Gus Dapperton, Lizzy McAlpine.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we're continuing to grow. That's where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN AN ARTIST AND AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT ROLE?
• Manage a roster of 15-25 priority artist clients through the early stages of their career helping them to establish and grow their audience.
• Lead the client on-boarding process in collaboration with A&R, integrations, and other teams where necessary.
• Perform all necessary operational tasks required to ingest, QC and deliver content to all streaming partners.
• Meet with Artist teams on a regular basis through campaigns.
• Plan, manage, and administer Artist budgets based on campaign needs including PR, Asset Creation, Audience Development, Radio and Digital Marketing.
• Provide advice, support, analysis and best practices with release planning, scheduling, and submission of pitch materials and updates.
• Provide in-depth data analysis, marketing strategy, and digital health checks where required.
• Liaise with the Digital Account Management team for representation and submission of priority projects to the digital music services for playlisting and placements.
• Compile and provide reporting and feedback to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with senior management and A&R to regularly review and audit rosters, offering insight to those partners that should be up streamed for broader services and to streamline workflow to current priorities.
• Attend and Champion Artist shows when in Market.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• 3+ years' experience working closely with artists and managers.
• You have experience in a label or product management role within a progressive label and can demonstrate excellent working knowledge of Marketing, Campaign planning, digital music distribution as well as DSP processes.
• Organized self-starter with the capacity to manage an often-intense workload and work in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong communication skills – written & verbal.
• Strong organizational and creative skills.
• You have experience or a working understanding of digital music marketing and promotion.
• You build and nurture internal and external relationships at all levels and can demonstrate an understanding of the needs of artists and labels for building and maximizing their release campaigns.
• You are a flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker with the ability to remain highly organized and efficiently structure and prioritize your workload.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34zvq-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.