7News is looking for a Transmitter Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting with a focus on Broadcast RF Transmission systems. This includes over-the-air transmitters, satellite and microwave, server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, newsroom computer systems, and data networks.
In addition, job responsibilities will include…
• Maintain and repair transmitters (AM, FM, TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
• Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
• Provide technical support to operational users
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
• Responsible for repair, maintenance, and installation of television transmitters and associated equipment
• Responsible for stations compliance with FCC and FAA rules and regulations
• Troubleshoot and repair VHF/UHF television transmitters and associated equipment
• Maintenance of microwave links
• Involves working with AC, DC, and RF voltages in transmission equipment
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Minimum of 5 years' broadcast experience
• RF Transmitter support experience
• Solid understanding of core hardware, computer systems, and electrical systems
• Experience working with microwaves, transmitters and satellites is preferred
• Self-motivated and the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Confidence in troubleshooting problems and effectively communicating solutions to internal and external customers
• Ability to read and understand technical materials
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs
• Associates degree or higher in electronics or a related field is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d21koy-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.