Come Grow With Us! We are looking for a Transmission Support Engineer to join the team. The person in this role will manage day to day support of the DSG, Bally Sports Video Network, game broadcast transmission, associated networking and audio/video hardware at the Media Operations Center. You will serve as a centralized role for operations and act as a communications bridge.
What You'll Do:
• Oversee existing architecture renovations and updates
• Work with Video Network vendors to define software updates and upgrades
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
• Interact with Video Network vendors to resolve issues, escalations, maintenance, and overall performance
• Assist and help create standard operation procedures for all transmission technologies activities, including audio/video and communications check-in, QC process for remotes, and outgoing transmission
• Create and develop preventative system maintenance plans, problems resolution check list, and system for tracking transmission logs
• Possess the ability to design, document and manage new system design
• Be willing to work nights, weekends and peak periods as required. Be on call for engineering support.
• Perform other duties as assigned
What To Bring:
• 2+ years of Broadcast Engineering experience
• Experience supporting video networks and equipment.
• Must have expertise in network routing/switching, firewalls, DNS, VoIP, and unified communications.
• Must have knowledge of fiber optic technologies and coax transport, video encoding codecs, multicast, and plant routing systems a must.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of Engineering as well as outside the organization.
• Ability to create and comprehend signal flow documents (CAD) as well as systems level troubleshooting.
• Excellent communicator and able to manage highly technical operations teams while interfacing with Engineering, Operations, Production, and 3rd party vendors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Position requires a cool, levelheaded individual who works well under the pressures of ''live'' television.
• Ability to prepare and deliver written and oral communications of complex matters.
• Position will require nights and weekend assignments.
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation's leading provider of local sports. Its 19 owned-and-operated RSNs include Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports San Diego, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2e1n-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.