Sinclair is looking for a dynamic, motivated, and experienced Technical Product Manager to manage the Yield Management System (YMS) solution used by Sinclair sales and finance teams supporting 189 TV stations, 23 regional sports networks, corporate hubs, and satellite offices. This is a strategic and operational technology role within Sinclair, overseeing the technology solution, key upstream and downstream integrations, and partnering with business stakeholders to define the long-term strategy and guide product enhancements, upgrades, fixes, and maintenance. This manager will be front facing with business stakeholders and is accountable for product vision, strategy, lifecycle management, and ongoing support of the YMS solutions. The Technical Product Manager should be familiar with Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) and Revenue Management tools.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a product manager for enterprise-class software solutions, growing from an analyst or product owner for large companies. Agile certification in one or more disciplines is necessary – preferably in product owner or manager roles, overseeing roadmaps, backlog grooming, creation and sizing of user stories and acceptance criteria, and working in program increments across a large solution or enterprise SAFe environment.
Customer service, communications, and strategic thinking are key competencies required to drive the delivery of new business capabilities and outcomes.
• Oversee the product management of Sinclair's enterprise Yield Management System (YMS) and other related products/services – including integrations, operational reporting, enhancements, configuration, and production support
• Own and manage the short and long-term roadmap for products within your portfolio.
• Manage enhancement triage and high-level assessments, including coordination with development, QA, architecture, 3rd party vendors, and business stakeholders. Evaluate the impact and risk related to requested changes
• Oversee end user engagement during release cycles, including identification of user testing strategy, coordinating UAT events, and tracking issues with 3rd party suppliers
• Communicate with stakeholders on a regular basis and keep status in project/enhancement tracking systems up to date
• Validate that the recommended solution aligns with business goals and objectives working closely with Architecture, Security and Systems.
• Support the presentation of an interim and final solutions to the business owners for approval and feedback
• Work with the development and infrastructure teams, to develop a consistent release schedule and manage stakeholder expectations
• Collect requirements from business, write user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Work collaboratively with technology business partners and business stakeholders to prioritize and groom product backlog
• Effectively communicate product vision, strategy, plans, status, and results
• Build, manage and groom product backlogs through prioritization and negotiation with key stakeholders
• Lead user story estimation, document epics and features, and lead release scoping activities.
• Oversee technical vendor management of SaaS-based solutions, aligning roadmaps, managing delivery of enhancements and upgrades
• Liaise with the testing team to ensure the functional and technical compatibility of the product with the requirements
• Liaise with the Service Delivery team to ensure proper production release procedures are followed
• Cultivate strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders and teams across the IT organization
• Ensure all product documentation is up to date, partnering with business partners, development / QA, and training to effectively communicate changes to product features and functionality
• Stay abreast of industry and product trends for CRM solutions in the market and make recommendations based on knowledge and research
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• 5+ years of total work experience as a software product manager covering all major job responsibilities
• 10+ years total work experience in business analyst, systems analyst, or product owner roles with a proven record of accomplishment of delivery
• One or more of the following certifications: SAFe Agilist 5.0, SAFe POPM, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Scrum Alliance Certified Product Owner (CPO), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), SAFe Scaled Agilist (SA)
• Strong analytical thinking/problem-solving skills with attention to detail when creating and reviewing functional and technical designs and data/process flow diagrams
• Experience working on concurrent initiatives and attending to issues in a timely manner.
• Excellent relationship management skills – negotiation, managing expectations, timely, appropriate, and consistent communications, conflict management
• Experience working in a metrics-driven environment, utilizing data driven techniques and tools to ensure goals are established and met
• Effective communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to different audiences including developers, business users, management, and executives.
• Expertise working with internal technical groups and 3rd party vendors; Excellent vendor management skills
• Excellent presentation, negotiation, and business stakeholder management skills
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including ITIL, Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Preferred experience with the following functional domains and business applications – CPQ and Revenue Management tools
• Preferred experience with Azure DevOps and SAFe Agile framework
• Excellent articulation, communication, and strong interpersonal skills
• Experience in developing statements of work with 3rd party suppliers and software vendors, focusing on implementation, ongoing enhancements
• Experience using measurable objectives and key results to ensure effective execution of organization and department strategies
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
• Expertise with Agile lifecycle tracking tools such as Microsoft Azure DevOps or JIRA
• SLAs for high level assessments of product enhancement requests met or exceeded
• A fully staffed organization with clear roles, responsibilities, performance, and succession plans
• Baseline documentation for all software products and solutions, maintained quarterly
• Adherence to establish processes for product road mapping, backlog grooming, program increment planning, delivery, and support
• Weekly status reports on all major projects, enhancements, and operational KPIs
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reqz20-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.