Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an immediate opening for a Staff Tax Accountant in its corporate tax department. The key role for this position will be to assist in indirect tax compliance.
• Assisting with the sales & use tax compliance. This includes working with co-sourcing partners to ensure timely filings.
• Assisting with real and personal property tax compliance. This includes reviewing assessments for accuracy and ensuring bills are timely paid. Also, assisting Tax Supervisor and consultants with property tax appeals.
• Assisting with exemption certificate management.
• Assisting with various sales & use and property tax audits.
• Researching various tax issues.
• Performing other related duties & tax projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
• Strong working knowledge of Excel
• Genuine interest in the corporate tax field
• Strong communication skills
• Detailed oriented and organized
• Ability to manage workload and prioritize
• Ability to work remotely as part of a team in a deadline-oriented environment
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and working knowledge of Oracle, BNA Fixed Assets, and Intelliconnect (or similar software). Those with 1 or 2 years of transaction tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting are encouraged to apply.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!