We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join the ONE Media Lab team. As a Systems Engineer, you will help innovate, build, and support our rapidly expanding next generation IP broadcast platform.
• Support ONE Media's Next Gen TV and Next Gen mobile service rollout
• Support verification and validation testing of the ONE Media mobile receivers in our lab
• Develop requirements and acceptance plans for qualifying software and equipment
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, virtual machines and management tools to keep lab servers/equipment up to date
• Develop, maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies for the Lab
• Support plug fests, interop events and integration in the lab
• Participate and support ONE Media's technology demonstrations at key events (NAB, CES, etc.)
• Participate in standards and other industry alignment activities
• Support other ONE Media initiatives
• BS degree or equivalent experience
• Working experience scripting (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Working experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting in Linux/Unix environment
• Ability to troubleshoot, install, and maintain IP network
• Working experience with sniffer tools such as Wireshark, SolarWindows, PRTG or similar
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be a team player
• Experience with broadcast TV systems
• Knowledgeable with HEVC, AVC, HDR and PKI system
• Experience with video streaming technology (e.g., MPEG Dash, HLS, MSS and RTSP)
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (VMware, Virtual Box)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6ppwq-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.