Sr. UX Researcher (Generalist)
As a Sr. UX Researcher for Sinclair Digital, you will own the development of research and insights that drive the way our organization understands and designs for multiple audience groups. You will have broad expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods and know when to apply them in projects across several digital experiences: ranging from customer-facing products, corporate applications, and internal tools, as well as connected TV experiences.
• Run end-to-end UX research: from early discovery and ideation to design validation (i.e., user interviews, product evaluations, usability testing, surveys, competitive and market analysis, personas, user journeys development, etc.), focusing on customer experience improvements and identifying future offerings opportunities
• Lead research projects across multiple platforms (web, mobile, connected TV) that touch numerous aspects of the audience experience
• Work from high-level requirements and ask the right questions to gather all relevant information to guide the research approach
• Collaborate with a range of stakeholders – executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, and product designers to align on research efforts and review recommendations
• Communicate research findings across the organization to spread the importance of user research and the positive impact it brings to the product development process
• Stay current on emerging research, industry, and technology trends
• 4+ years of experience in applied product/design research
• 2+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Working knowledge in mixed methodologies, with a focus on qualitative research
• Experience in consumer software, digital entertainment, or related field
• Solid understanding of the product development cycle (and the relationship between business, UX, and technology)
• BA/BS in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human-computer interaction, or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic. Can demonstrate leadership skills and collaboration across teams using a consultative approach
• Have led UX Research for medium to large projects that present multidisciplinary challenges and span multiple platforms and departments
• Experience demonstrating ownership of projects and communicating timelines, executing independently
• End-to-end research experience with all aspects of the user research life-cycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, and survey design
• Experience in direct collaboration with product managers, front and back-end engineers, and business or editorial stakeholders
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5689-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.