Sr. Product Designer – Mobile (iOS & Android)
Sinclair Digital is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms. In the past 5 years, Sinclair Digital has amassed a 100+person team of innovative leaders, designers, developers and testers that are launching digital properties and new brands on web, mobile, and ott devices that reach more then 40 million people every month. This effort is powered by a proprietary media management and publishing platform that automates processes and production of content in unique and compelling ways.
Sinclair Digital is looking for a qualified Sr. Mobile Product Designer to join our design team! You will work cross functionally with the Mobile Apps team to bring new features and iterative improvements to life and work to ship them with the product and engineering teams. You'll be a great fit if you have a track record of shipping high quality mobile apps, a deep understanding of mobile user experience best practices and trends, and a robust set of skills working with modern design tools and design libraries. The ability to rapidly execute on new ideas and try new techniques will set you apart from the rest. As part of the growing design team at Sinclair Digital, you'll be able to make an impact on our process and culture. Excellent oral and written communication skills are an important part of what we do as a team and company. We're a fun group of nice people that value empathy and humor in everything we do.
• Work closely with the team to define, scope, build, test, and launch features in our mobile apps
• Concept mobile interaction and design patterns for Sinclair Digital's connected products
• Deliver clear and complete wireframes
• Design and easy-to-use and accurate user interfaces
• Update and maintain design pattern libraries
• Advocate for design and accessibility best practices
• A current portfolio that includes design work in apps that have shipped
• 6+ years as a UX designer, product designer, mobile designer, or similar
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Expertly skilled at taking an ambiguous problem and seeking concrete answers
• Demonstrated understanding of information hierarchy and typography
• Ability to take initiative and move a project from inception to launch
• Mastery of Sketch or similar interface design tools
• Experience building and maintaining design pattern libraries
• Experience with low to medium fidelity prototyping tools
• Demonstrated experience working on both iOS and Android mobile apps
• Expert knowledge of the iOS HIG and Google Material guidelines
BONUS POINTS If you have solid experience working in media-driven markets like news, sports, and entertainment.
EXTRA BONUS POINTS if you have experience working with streaming media products.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11wem-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.