Sinclair is looking for a dynamic, inspirational, and experienced IT leader to oversee the enterprise infrastructure engineering and operations supporting 189 TV stations, 23 regional sports networks, corporate hubs, and satellite offices. This is a highly visible IT leadership role within Sinclair, managing a team of 25+ employees, dozens of suppliers, and managed service partners. This leader works collaboratively with the IT, broadcast engineering, direct-to-consumer technology, and managed service providers to achieve the organization's business goals. This role is accountable for refining and implementing a site reliability engineering and operations vision and strategy and will be an advocate for best practices, change processes, documentation, robust and resilient infrastructure design and execution, and automation of configuration and maintenance. This leader will champion implementation of standardization, management controls, and automation at all levels - supporting both on-prem and cloud enterprise environments.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and leading enterprise teams consisting of management roles, network, systems, DBAs, telecom, and TechOps engineers, whose primary function is designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise-scale environments. Additional expertise required responding to day-to-day incidents and sustainable mitigation planning and execution.
The leader must have a demonstrated track record in network and systems engineering, support planning, risk management, and enterprise information security protocol implementation. The ideal candidate must be able to successfully balance the dynamic requirement of hands-on engineering management with strategic planning, stakeholder engagement and supplier/contractor management.
• Refine, develop and mature site reliability engineering and operations functions within Sinclair
• Manage a team of managers and engineers who oversee operations, network and system engineering, DBAs, telecom, and infrastructure architecture functions
• Develop a robust planning and execution framework
• Effectively communicate vision, strategy, plans, status, and results at all levels in the organization
• Utilize existing agile DevOps practices to manage intake of customer change requests, incidents, and project tasks and allocate available resources based on established priorities
• Facilitate technical deployments that involve multiple IT teams and stakeholders working within established processes
• Develop, orchestrate, and drive adoption of network and systems automation and cloud enablement tools
• Lead efforts to develop and maintain a highly scalable and redundant virtual infrastructure
• Lead due diligence efforts to assess overlap / gaps, migration strategies, costs, and resources for potential acquisitions
• Develop expertise in network and systems solutions that support live, broadcast-quality video production and distribution services, ensuring solutions are designed to support full redundancy and zero downtime
• Facilitate the creation of documentation and implementation plans to allow support teams to build and manage the internal network, systems, database, and telecom environment
• Drive the adoption of infrastructure performance management frameworks, ensuring key measures are tracked and contribute to the continual improvement services
• Effectively influence others towards best practices, good planning and execution, future state technology solutions, architecture patterns & reference models
• Engage with C-Level executives to articulate the value proposition of enterprise infrastructure strategy and future movement to cloud
• Stay abreast of current technologies and make recommendations based on knowledge and research
• 15+ years of total work experience in a technology role, with demonstrated growth and succession to leadership levels
• 10+ years' experience as a network or systems engineer or architect with proven track record implementing enterprise technology change programs
• 10+ years of enterprise-level Site Reliability Engineering organizational management of an organization consisting of operations, engineering, and architecture teams within a unified reporting structure
• Extensive experience managing Site Reliability Engineering teams which managed a mixed on-prem and multi-cloud enterprise
• Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including VMware and cloud-native virtual environments
• Demonstrated success orchestrating enterprise-scale cloud transition to a balanced mix of cloud providers, focusing on determining the right combination of technologies and on/off-prem solutions.
• Relevant experience in enabling selection of appropriate technology providers, conducting application suitability assessments, and developing detailed architecture design for global scale and high availability based on business requirements
• Experience in working with the senior leadership teams to design technology and process landscape and develop an overall cloud solution strategy
• Demonstrable presentation skills balancing content and narrative with a focus on communicating a message appropriate to each stakeholder group
• Excellent articulation, communication, and strong interpersonal skills
• Experience in leading infrastructure components of technology transformation initiatives for large-scale organizations
• Expertise in developing statements of work with top tier network, systems, and automation suppliers as well as 3rd party resource vendors
• Experience using data and metrics to monitor operations and to develop priorities and business cases for change
• Experience working in a Fortune 500 company, with focus on cost and performance metrics, compliance, change processes, and service management
• Experience designing, implementing, and operating Private and/or Public Cloud IT platforms
• Master's degree in related field or computer science
• Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
• Cloud industry experience and presentation-ready knowledge of popular cloud platforms and related industry trends
• Deep background with Enterprise DevOps practices and application of Site Reliability Engineering methodologies to multi-cloud scaled out enterprise environments
• Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise cloud
• Experience in the successful implementation of international standards of operations is preferred (i.e. ISO, CMMI and or ITIL).
• SLAs for Operations met or exceeded
• Fully staffed organization with clear roles, responsibilities, performance and succession plans
• Fully documented as-is infrastructure landscape
• Established standards for all networking and systems hardware, software and measured compliance
• Weekly status reports on all major projects, initiatives, and operational KPIs
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p9x0-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.