Come Grow With Us! We are looking for a passionate individual who is a change-agent and will bring their own expertise and understanding of process, improvement and efficiency to help Diamond Sports Group to operate on its own.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for overseeing areas related to the financial reporting requirements for the consolidated Company.
• Assist in ensuring the quality and timeliness of financial reporting throughout the organization, including processes and business results analysis.
• Be the lead for Workday GL maintenance, specifically including ownership of the Chart of Accounts.
• Create, post or review journal entries in Workday.
• Review general ledger monthly in assigned areas to ensure accuracy of postings and adjust as required.
• Reconcile certain general ledger accounts.
• Manage and participate in processes and accounting related to debt analysis & management, intangible assets, valuations and other technical accounting areas.
• Assist in creating financial statements – currently for regulatory filings but potentially for bank and other reporting purposes in the future.
• Manage the Company's impairment testing process of indefinite-lived and long-lived assets.
• Assist with reporting related to legal entity transactions and reorganizations including divestitures and acquisitions.
• Support system testing and process changes related to ERPs, including go-lives.
• Collaborate with IT, Global Business Services and other functions on process change. management related to better efficiency and accountability including other financial system integrations with Workday reporting.
• Communicate with business unit personnel and other functions on reporting efficiencies, including consistency of use of SAP dimensions and visibility of financial data in Workday.
• Redesign month-end close processes to simplify and speed the close.
• Oversee process improvement projects, including updates to policies and procedures.
• Work with internal and external auditors on document requests, as well as assist the Business Unit Controller with any of the Team audits.
• Participate in special projects as requested by management.
What To Bring;
• BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, Accounting degree preferred, CPA preferred.
• Minimum 7 years accounting experience and familiarity with areas of financial reporting, SEC reporting, public company experience.
• A strong background in leading roles developing internal and external working relationships as well as experience with audit firm communications.
• Solid understanding of general ledger systems and foreign currency translation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
The base salary compensation range for this role is $180,000 to $210,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation's leading provider of local sports. Its 19 owned-and-operated RSNs include Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xo3k-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.