Sinclair's content technology is at the core of our operational excellence. We thrive on innovation and a passion for connecting people with the best local news and sports content. As we grow our content offerings and expand our broadcast, cable, and digital distribution channels we're embracing new technologies to fuel that growth. We're excited by the promise of cloud-first approaches and artificial intelligence in media systems, we're driven by a belief that flexibility and agility will address rapidly changing media environments and we're confident that great people and great technology equal great solutions.
Your role as Sr. Director, Cloud Media Operations & Engineering is to manage internal and external operations and engineering resources. These resources support the team focused on governing the product and operating the technologies that orchestrate our cloud-based media operations. You'll work with a diverse group of strategic thinkers, technology architects and business leaders to engineer the efficient and scalable processes and systems that result in a successful product.
Our next-generation media ecosystem is being built with an emphasis on operating cloud-based, data-driven systems and services. These systems and services will be integrated to optimize our media operation pipelines by focusing on the ingest, assembly, playout and distribution of our linear streams and supply of our media endpoints. You'll support continuous improvement of these media delivery services and design new capabilities in support of all content types and distribution channels.
The Sr. Director, Cloud Media Operations & Engineering will be part of Sinclair Broadcast Group's Engineering and Operations team and will work closely with other technology teams engaged in projects for transforming content management, optimizing rights and scheduling, realizing the promise of NextGenTV, and bringing a cross-platform perspective to advertising technology.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Engaging with multiple departments and bringing a transformational approach to cloud-based media operations and engineering
• Building the technologies and providing facility guidance for a media operations center
• Leading the engineering focus for a team providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 operational media services to a national broadcast group
• Supporting the engineering and integration of disparate systems and data sources to support the successful management and delivery
• Designing the engineering approach to ensuring service level agreements are met
• Demonstrating leadership and engagement on the operations-level engineering for media ingest, assembly, playout and distribution processes and workflows
• Leveraging experience and performing detailed research and discovery efforts to gather data on engineering improvements to existing technologies and capabilities
• Working with external consulting teams as required
• Approaching programs and projects using an agile and lean mindset
• Measuring and reporting on progress with operations and engineering technologies and capabilities
• Bringing a focus on machine learning and automation as an answer to increasingly complex media operations environments
• Providing excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborating with leaders and strategic partners to drive alignment and execution
• Enthusiastically engaging on understanding and learning new technologies and applying them creatively
• Bachelor's degree in Media/Communications/Computer Science
• 7+ years of technical/engineering experience
• 7+ years media operations experience
• 4+ years managing complex media and technology operating environments
• Demonstrated experience analyzing complex technology and business operational problems and providing solutions
• Experience with broadcast media systems
• Experience with digital workflows and digital video technologies
• Advanced data management skills with prior experience in using that data for improving media operations and engineering
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with various technology and operations teams as well as senior management
• Significant Cloud Hyperscaler exposure and experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Containerization and Kubernetes experience
• Architecture Design and Documentation with High-Availability emphasis
• Video streaming protocols
• Broadcast Engineering & Operations understanding
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-robwb2-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.