We are seeking an experienced Solution Train Engineer (STE) to join our fast-paced Sinclair organization. STE will drive the launch of our Unified Ad Sales platform. STE will work closely with solution manager, the solutions architect, product management and software development groups across the organization facilitating Agile Release Trains (ARTs) at the large solution level. STE is responsible for program execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, and helping drive continuous improvement for ARTs and suppliers in the Value Stream. STE ensures mission execution, coaches at the Program and Team levels, and provides guidance in Agile, Scrum, and Kanban. STE should have experience managing multiple complete product development cycles, possess superior analytical abilities and expert product judgment.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate with executive management on status, risks, and mitigations. In addition, having a strong technical competency is essential to this role. A successful candidate will have a technical background, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as, great project management and communication competencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead the implementation and optimization of the Scaled Agile/SAFe methodology on the Program.
• Manage Scrum Master, providing mentoring, guidance and direction
• Serves as the organizational servant leader and facilitator for program events and activities for planning, executing, delivery and improvement, such as Program Increment (PI) Planning readiness and PI Planning events and activities
• Execute corporate-wide initiatives. Define project plans, coordinate resources, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes associated with program rollout along with ongoing support
• Possess a high degree of competency with project management including, Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status
• Guide design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer and stakeholder value streams
• Possess a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity
• Mentor and coach Release Train Engineers (RTEs) and Scrum Masters
• Collaborate, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences
• Handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Understand the software development process
• Influence senior management and set expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
• Manage and optimize the flow of value of the Solution Train and Agile Release Train using a variety of tools and methods to ensure strategy and execution alignment
• Drive multiple technical programs, lead cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring key ART success metrics are informing future efforts, and fine-tune the program as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• 4+ years' experience as a Solution Train Engineer overseeing large and/or enterprise agile solutions
• RTE or SPC certifications required
• Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) required
• Experience facilitating Agile Program Execution in Large Solution and/or Program execution
• Experience implementing and aligning Agile and DevSecOps methodologies, frameworks and tools
• Experience with Continuous Improvement methodologies, i.e., Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping
• Passion for educating and mentoring the team with Agile principles and practices
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills
• Knowledge of broadcast TV and digital sales a plus.
• Extensive experience communicating with senior management
• Strong sense of urgency, ownership and operates in a collaborative manner
HOW WILL WE MEASURE SUCCESS:
• On-time and on-budget delivery of solutions, meeting or exceeding customer expectations on scope
• Ability to hold team accountable to throughput, status updates, capacity planning
• Maximize use of available team capacity
• Minimize scope creep and deferment of user stories or technical debt to future sprints or releases
• Regular cadence of executive status reporting with clear measures of performance, risks / issues
• Issue and defect burn down at the expected rates to support solution delivery and business goals
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d27236-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.