Software Engineering Manager (Mobile)
Sinclair Digital is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms. In the past 5 years, Sinclair Digital has amassed a 100+person team of innovative leaders, designers, developers and testers that are launching digital properties and new brands on web, mobile, and ott devices that reach more then 40 million people every month.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of mobile developers to develop and deliver high-quality news applications for iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for managing the entire mobile development lifecycle, from design and development to testing and deployment, ensuring that the team delivers products on time. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineering teams, to deliver mobile applications that meet business requirements and customer needs.
• Lead a team of mobile developers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying high-quality mobile application
• Manage the entire mobile development lifecycle, from project planning to deployment and maintenance
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into mobile application features and functionality
• Hire, mentor, and develop a team of talented mobile developers
• Ensure the quality of the mobile applications by establishing and enforcing coding standards, best practices, and testing procedures
• Stay up-to-date with the latest mobile technology trends, tools, and best practices
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the mobile software engineering team to foster a culture of continuous learning and growth
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
• 5+ years of experience in mobile development
• 2+ years of experience in a management or leadership role
• Proven experience of delivering iOS or Android mobile applications, and familiarity with both platforms
• Strong knowledge of mobile development frameworks and tools, such as React Native, TypeScript, Swift, Kotlin, Firebase
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team of developers to achieve common goals
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base salary compensation range for this role is $200,000 to $215,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, quarterly and annual incentive plan bonuses, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, 15 paid vacation days, 2 paid personal days, 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of paid sick leave, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpbpe-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.