Software Development Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Our Audience Services team is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to drive key engineering and business decisions and own software development from inception to production. This role will drive lead a team of engineers in the development of robust, scalable, and efficient software using industry best practices. The ideal candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have 8+ years of hands-on enterprise leadership experience.
• Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring to create and maintain a best-in-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop exceptional technical designs and approaches
• Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance
• Manage team project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of experience in building services and APIs that have been successfully delivered to client applications
• 7+ years of experience leading teams in an agile environment
• Deep knowledge of software design patterns and standards, REST and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle
• Extensive experience deploying software to production
• A collaborative, flexible, positive mindset
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
• Experience with Node.js, Kubernetes/ECS, Terraform, Gitlab, and/or AWS
• Experience with developing automated internal frameworks or developer tools to increase developer release velocity or improve code health
• Master's degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
• Passion and ability to support the growth and continued improvement of everyone around you.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!