Software Development Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
The Storyline Platform Team is looking for a strong leader to manage one of our service teams. We support services for our current and future publishing and distribution products. Those Platforms include features such as News Story publishing, Show and Episode publishing, EPG creation and management, and Linear Feed ingestion, creation and management. Our goal is to provide a rich feature set of publishing tools for producers to easily deliver content to end users on an array of devices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversee the design and development of services and applications supporting our platforms.
• Maintain a healthy team environment.
• Ensure platform systems that are architecturally sound, performant, scalable, secure, highly available, and reliable.
• Enforce and contribute to quality standards and software specifications
• Commit to and deliver features that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant on a regular cadence.
• Guide, contribute to and actively participate in all team ceremonies
• Promote collaboration with other teams and contribute positively to the company culture
• Provide actionable solutions to new discoveries or technical hurdles.
• Operationally support your team's products
• Participate in design and code reviews, and ensure that they follow established quality and best software development practices
• Effectively communicate with management
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• 4-6 years software development experience or 2-4 years software engineering management experience
• Experience leading teams of 6 or more developers
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Experience with cloud services
• Experience managing and guiding Software and Application Design and Architecture
• Experience with AWS and cloud systems (EC2, VPC, ECS, S3, RDS, EKS, API gateway, Cloudsearch)
• Strong knowledge of and experience with of web services, REST, and web protocols
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!