Manager / Scrum Master
Sinclair Broadcast Group
As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager. We are searching for a creative individual with an understanding that development is an iterative process and enjoys the challenge of managing the creation and support of complex applications.
The enterprise systems that the position will be exposed to range from large ERP databases and highly transactional sales systems to data warehousing and reporting systems, each with many integrations and dependencies. These systems support our business and media operations, servicing thousands of internal and external customers.
• Lead, mentor and motivate a team of developers to build and support high quality applications involving complex integrations and workflows across the enterprise.
• Build a solid rapport with colleagues across Sinclair Technology Partners (STP) including those working in Systems, Security, Communication, Quality, Product Ownership and Analysis.
• Monitor incoming work queues and manage direct report's workload accordingly.
• Manage compliance to all Sinclair processes including SDLC and Change Management processes.
• Manage metrics associated with Azure DevOps and team's adherence to estimation, task management and time tracking.
• Maintain documentation, possibly including relationship diagrams, package documentation, and maintenance manuals.
• Manage after hours monitoring of managed systems and emergency problem resolution.
• Collaborate on, adhere to and mentor others on coding standards and development best practices.
• Be a customer champion within STP and ensure all delivered solutions effectively and efficiently meet their needs.
• 8+ years of development experience in a corporate environment inclusive of enterprise integration tools, enterprise workflow tools, application integration development or design experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and have proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes.
• Having experience with the following technologies would support your success with working with our platform:
• Microsoft .NET / C#
• Dell Boomi
• API Data Patterns and Architecture (SOAP,REST and HTTP)
• PHP and/or NodeJS
• Demonstrated deployments of enterprise software systems and SaaS products using industry standard environments.
• Linux/Unix skills a plus
• Familiarity with visual-based integration middleware platforms, Dell Boomi experience a plus.
• Database skills including SQL, data modeling, and databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
• Messaging skills including JMS (e.g. ActiveMQ, MQSeries, OracleAQ)
• Experience with enterprise integration tools, middleware technologies, and application/data integration patterns including ESB, MOM, JMS, SOAP/REST web services, databases, ETL.
• Practical experience implementing services-oriented architecture design and enabling technologies including messaging, XML, JSON, web services, and HTTP.
• Experience with Cloud and Software-as-a-Service technologies.
• General knowledge of common business systems (CRM, SFA, ERP) and processes (lead to cash, requisitions, order management, etc.).
• General knowledge of key application infrastructure components such as VMware, storage (NAS, SAN, SMB), Java JVM, networking (firewall, load balancing, proxies).
• Technical and/or functional experience using or integrating with common business applications such as: Salesforce, NetSuite, Taleo, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, etc.
• Azure DevOps experience preferred.
• Committed to continuous improvement of self and team. Quick to embrace new technologies and able to self-teach.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must.
• Ability to motivate and mentor team members and be a positive influence.
• Ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to audiences from developers to executives.
• Excellent analytical and procedural thinking skills.
• Proven experience managing technical resources.
• Proven experience managing a product backlog.
• Experience with Agile SCRUM practices.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!