Director Of Business Optimization
Sinclair Broadcast Group
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Sinclair Technology Partners management team, overseeing the operations of Sinclair's enterprise IT Service Desk. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Security and Customer Experience. We are looking for an experienced IT professional to lead and manage the 24x7x365 Customer Experience/Service Desk team, based in Hunt Valley, MD. This team is comprised of Technicians providing 24x7 coverage of front-line customer support needs. The IT Service Desk Manager must have a strong customer service background coupled with technical skills in all aspects of desktop support, network connectivity, computer operating systems, mobile devices, desktop hardware, and software applications.
• Articulate, implement, and manage a vision and end state of the Sinclair IT Service Desk.
• Develop, execute, and hold staff accountable for policies and procedures that include incident identification, documentation, assignment, management, and escalation.
• Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user and Service Desk staff knowledge articles, guides, and/or training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests; generate statistical reports to identify problem areas; devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and/or department recommendations and changes.
• Build customer experience objectives into team and individual goals and ensure accountability.
• Successfully prioritize customer experience considerations into decisions and tasks.
• Reconcile monthly account management actions.
• Perform IT general control (ITGC) auditing actions as requested by internal and external audit teams.
• Serve as an escalation point and incident manager.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in Information Technology with at least three years of experience managing a 24x7 high-availability environment.
• Broadcast or Media and Entertainment experience (nice to have).
• ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices with proven execution.
• Demonstrated understanding of ServiceNow preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to guide team members in troubleshooting, issue resolution, or escalation.
• Relevant experience within a high operational tempo call center, IT help desk, or network operations center (NOC).
• Ticket management and major incident management at an enterprise scale.
• Process improvement and performance optimization experience preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of desktop hardware and software.
• Gathering data, statistical analysis, and reporting of metrics (i.e., KRIs, KPIs) for IT operations
• Desktop support, network connectivity, computer operating systems, mobile devices, desktop hardware, and software applications.
• Call center software (e.g., Five9) experience preferred.
• Executive presence and demonstrated experience in leadership, coaching, empowering and recognizing others.
• Prior supervisory/management experience leading a Service Desk team.
• Proven aptitude for strategic decision making, planning, vision, and governance for customer experience and IT support operations.
• Exceptional collaborator with ability to influence.
• Vision for and execution of creating a high-performance team.
• Proven ability to professionally communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Proven ability to organize multiple priorities and manage projects and team to achieve deliverables that meet or exceed agreements and expectations.
• Develop, improve, and implements processes and support structures to maintain exceptional service and ensures that the needs of the organization are understood and met.
• Sound judgment and conflict resolution skills.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!