Sinclair Digital is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group with dual headquarters in Seattle, WA and Hunt Valley, MD. Sinclair Digital was formed in February of 2014 with the goal of making the nation's largest broadcaster a leader in digital media and content distribution on all platforms. In the past 5 years, Sinclair Digital has amassed a 100+person team of innovative leaders, designers, developers and testers that are launching digital properties and new brands on web, mobile, and ott devices that reach more then 40 million people every month.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to play a key role in the end-to-end development of our mobile applications targeting a very large audience. This role works closely with a Software Development Manager and 8 engineers. As a senior position, this is a lead-by-example role in the development of robust, scalable, and efficient software using industry best practices.
• Take ownership of projects, initiatives, or major systems
• Implement modular, portable, stable, and testable solutions
• Apply appropriate algorithms, design patterns and techniques
• Identify, analyze and fix defects with minimal regressions
• Identify opportunities for future work and improvements
• Participate in code reviews and offer constructive feedback
• Collaborate with designers, product owners and architects
• Mentor junior engineers when learning opportunities arise
• Model a collaborative, flexible and positive mindset
• Participate in the hiring process
• Operate with minimal oversight beyond high-level direction
• Own operational challenges and their remediation
• Practice open communication across teams and silos
• Write technical specs, documentation and play a key role in planning future work
• Identify risks early
• 5+ years of experience client-side development on iOS or Android
• Robust knowledge of design patterns and standards
• Experience with many aspects of SDLC and deploying software to production
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with non-engineers
• Strong debugging and triage skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with building and deploying server-side technologies and services
• Experience with one or more advertising platforms and APIs
• Experience with building automation to improve or automate workflow
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmk74-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.