Senior Software Development Engineer (Audience/Web)
Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape! Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital's software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country.
Our Audience Engineering teams are looking for an experienced Software Developer to champion new technical initiatives and own engineering operations. This person will develop robust, scalable, and efficient software solutions, evaluate and champion new technologies, and push industry best practices in a high-visibility technically innovative group. The ideal candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have enterprise engineering experience.
• Collaborate with team leads to deliver high-quality, high-throughput software
• Provide input and technical direction for frontend and backend systems
• Be hands-on to help the team to design, develop, test, and deliver software
• Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies
• Ensure operational success of the Audience Engineering department
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years of experience in building web applications that have been successfully delivered to users
• Master-level knowledge of software design patterns and standards, REST, GraphQL and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle
• A collaborative, flexible, positive mindset
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
• Exceptional troubleshooting abilities
• Experience with developing automated internal frameworks or developer tools to increase developer release velocity or improve code health
• Master's degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xk07-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.