Our SRE Team is looking for a smart, imaginative, and capable Senior SRE to join our fast-paced Sinclair Digital organization and help support our platform systems that operate hundreds of media properties including over 190 local news stations, 20+ regional sports networks, STIRR streaming video service, The Tennis Channel and more.
The ideal candidate is a motivated critical thinker who demonstrates composure under pressure, enjoys learning new skills, solving complex problems, and sharing their knowledge with others. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will collaborate across teams to engineer ways to improve site reliability and scalability as well as helping set organizational standards. You will design and build operational tooling, evaluate and implement various software solutions and lead the team and our broader engineering organization in best practices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Collaborate with architects and developers to debug, improve, and optimize critical backend services
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship for engineers on the team and throughout the organization
• Commit and deliver features that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant on a regular cadence
• Provide actionable solutions to new discoveries or technical hurdles
• Participate in design and code reviews, following established quality and best software development practices
• Provide support and guidance to development teams to increase reliability and speed.
• Learn new tools and technologies
• Participate in projects that span across all layers of the software stack
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• 5+ years of professional software development experience in a collaborative team environment
• A drive to challenge the status quo by recommending or pushing forward changes that improve reliability and velocity
• Strong software development, Quality Assurance, and/or CI/CD automation skills and experience
• Ability to quickly pick up and comprehend new technologies, tools, and techniques
• A demonstrated success in diagnosing and resolving incidents in large scale, production systems
• Extensive knowledge in cloud-based architectures and concepts
• Hands-on experience with AWS and/or GCP (including serverless technologies, APIs, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) with technologies such as Terraform
• Knowledgeable of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including application security, monitoring, and storage systems
• A dedication to learning new things in the world of software engineering, DevOps, CI/CD, best-practices in testing, and agile methodologies
• Excellent written and communication skills
• A positive and compassionate attitude toward your peers/customers
• The drive to do things the right way as oppose to the easy or quick way
• The desire to commit your best effort and expect the same from those around you
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvon0w-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.