Software Development Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are looking for a Sr. Principal Architect that will play a key role helping to design, build and optimize cloud-based services and applications for our portfolio of products. Our ideal candidate will often lead initiatives that span across teams and business-units, providing critical technical support and building future thinking proof-of-concepts. As a leader, this candidate will play a pivotal role in developing our engineering talent and will actively cultivate a positive culture that empowers engineers to continuously grow and develop new skills. Will also develop company-wide standards and processes that will optimize and nurture our SDLC to deliver initiatives on-schedule and on-budget across a wide range of technologies, languages and systems.
• Design and deliver technical highly available, durable, and cost-efficient solutions in the cloud for initiatives, products, and proof of concepts
• Closely partner with program and technical project managers to ensure technical delivery of large engineering projects that span teams and disciplines
• Communicate to build consensus, while creating and driving technical decisions. Create credibility and trust as a coach while providing clear vision and direction to the engineering organization
• Demonstrate excellent leadership skills, mentor and influence engineers to help grow them both technically and professionally
• To have a working familiarity with industry best practices, architectures and patterns
• Help the company identify growth opportunities into new and emerging green field technical domains
• Collaborate with stakeholders to optimize Sinclair software development lifecycle processes to ensure consistent quality of our organization's delivery of cloud-native software
• Create, inspire and engage others to grow and learn while leading respectfully and confidently while you collaborate and broaden community influence.
• 7+ years architecting and delivering software in the cloud
• 7+ years' experience in Node.JS, Java, C#, C/C++, or another modern programming language
• 4+ years production usage of cloud services from AWS, Azure or GCP
• Understanding of real-time, large-scale Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
• Experience architecting complex tools from scratch through production
• Experience building and running durable and highly scalable applications
• Effective leadership, communication and presentation skills
• Expert understanding of CI/CD, modern SDLC, and Agile development
• Expert skill in many of the following tools and systems a plus: Docker, Jenkins, Git, Amazon Cloud, Redis, and Kafka
• Expert skill in Docker and cloud container orchestration tools and frameworks such as Kubernetes and ECS
• Demonstrated experience building and utilizing infrastructure as code such as terraform and CloudFormation, in an enterprise environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!